Queenstown Mountain & Flight Training Specialists
- Ace Aviation operates from Kingston aerodrome a short distance from Queenstown. Owned and operated by Chief Flying Instructor Kerry Conner.
- Kerry is a career instructor with over 30 year’s experience which includes:-
- Commercial scenic/charter flying, aerial photography and flight training in New Zealand mountains terrain such as the Southern Alps, Westland, Fiordland and the Wairarapa.
- Vintage/warbird aircraft flying, participating in airshows including Classic Fighters, Wings over Wairarapa and the International Airshow Warbirds over Wanaka
- Participation as a competitor and judge in both the Royal New Zealand Aero Club and NZ Association of Women in Aviation – Area, National and International flying competitions.
- Kerry holds type ratings in most single engined aircraft commonly in use throughout New Zealand, with experience in vintage, warbird and microlight aircraft.
- Ace Aviation is a unique flight training organisation, specialising in taildragger (an aircraft with a tail wheel rather than a nose wheel) flight training for beginner pilots.
- At Ace Aviation the basic fundamentals of flying are emphasised throughout the training courses and instructors ensure potential pilots understand what they are learning.
- We really care about our students and want them to succeed. We are student orientated so we can be flexible, and design a course around your time and finances. We offer personalised training for a wide range of licences and ratings. Our highly trained, experienced and approved instructors give individual attention to help you achieve your full potential, by following a standard pattern for training and ensuring your safe and progressive learning experiences.
- Ace Aviation is committed to offering a service with the utmost consideration towards providing a healthy and safe environment for its customers and staff. We take pride in creating a friendly atmosphere, where you are treated as an individual – not a number, while maintaining a high standard of professionalism.
Ace Aviation Offers
- Basic and Advanced Mountain Flying
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Advanced PPL
- Terrain and Weather Awareness Training
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
- Airstrip Flying
- Taildragger Type Ratings
- Biennial Flight Reviews
- Foreign Licence Validations, Supervised self flying for foreign licence holders
- Introductory Flights and Gift Vouchers
- Partner Flight Training Courses
“..Your expertise as a flight instructor is top rate, you have a gift of being able to be firm and determined but you do not intimidate your students, in short you are a true professional.”
– Harry Devonish, Private Aircraft Owner. Christchurch – N.Z.