We are the Flight Training Specialists
- Ace Aviation is owned and operated by Chief Flying Instructor, Kerry Conner, a very experienced career instructor.
- Kerry’s 30 year’s plus experience includes:-
- Commercial scenic/charter flying, aerial photography and flight training in New Zealand’s climatic conditions diverse as the Southern Alps, Westland, Fiordland and the Wairarapa.
- Vintage/warbird aircraft flying, participating in airshows including Classic Fighters, Wings over Wairarapa and the International Airshow Warbirds over Wanaka
- Participation as a competitor and judge in both the Royal New Zealand Aero Club and NZ Association of Women in Aviation – Area, National and International flying competitions.
- Kerry holds type ratings in most single engined aircraft commonly in use throughout New Zealand, with experience in vintage, warbird and microlight aircraft.
- Ace Aviation is a unique flight training organisation, specialising in taildragger (an aircraft with a tail wheel rather than a nose wheel) flight training for beginner pilots. Very few organisations offer this type of training for beginners in New Zealand, therefore beginners and qualified pilots from all around the country come to us for their training
- At Ace Aviation the basic fundamentals of flying are emphasised throughout the training courses and instructors ensure potential pilots understand what they are learning.
- We really care about our students and want them to succeed. We are student orientated so we can be flexible, and design a course around your time and finances. We offer personalised training for a wide range of licences and ratings. Our highly trained, experienced and approved instructors give individual attention to help you achieve your full potential, by following a standard pattern for training and ensuring your safe and progressive learning experiences.
- Ace Aviation is committed to offering a service with the utmost consideration towards providing a healthy and safe environment for its customers and staff. We take pride in creating a friendly atmosphere, where you are treated as an individual – not a number, while maintaining a high standard of professionalism.
Ace Aviation Offers
- Private Pilot Licence (PPL)
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
- Terrain and Weather Awareness Training
- Basic and Advanced Mountain Flying
- Airstrip Flying
- Taildragger Type Ratings
- Advanced PPL
- Partner Flight Training Courses
- Biennial Flight Reviews
- Foreign Licence Validations, Supervised self flying for foreign licence holders
- Night Ratings
- Vintage Aircraft Flights
- Introductory Flights and Gift Vouchers
“..Your expertise as a flight instructor is top rate, you have a gift of being able to be firm and determined but you do not intimidate your students, in short you are a true professional.”
– Harry Devonish, Private Aircraft Owner. Christchurch – N.Z.